What to do if AVG is not protecting anymore?
AVG antivirus is a free anti-spyware security solution for the Windows Operating Systems. It is configured by default for running when you enable your computer. If you think that the security solution is the main cause for conflicting with other programs or is blocking genuine files, you can eliminate it from the start-up list. When eliminated from this list, AVG won’t run on an automatic basis when you restart your PC and you see that AVG is not protecting anymore, therefore don’t forget to enable as soon as possible. Your computer, as well as the precious detail that is stored on its hard drive, is in threat while the security solution isn’t running.
Causes of AVG not working
• Availability of two-security software on the device
• Corrupted installation file
• Outdated antivirus version
• Incomplete Installation of file and update
To fix it, you will need to uninstall the other security software from your device and then, restart your device to see if AVG is working or not. See if the installation file is corrupted then, reinstall the software program by uninstalling it. If the problem persists due to the old version then, all you need to install the available updates of AVG. In the case of non-of above reason, you will have to make sure that the installation of the update is successful. Because the update procedure is incomplete then, there is a big chance that AVG will stop working. In that case, you will need to install the AVG update again.
If these fixes don’t work and the error is still persisting then, it is advisable to disable AVG on a temporary basis. To do this, you will have to follow a few steps that are given below. One more thing, if you choose to disable AVG antivirus then, your device will vulnerable to threats, and viruses. , it is recommended to install the security software for protecting your device.
Disable AVG antivirus
• First of all, press “Windows-X” for opening the Windows Tools menu. This menu is also called the Windows Power User menu that includes links to some of the most useful Windows utilities, like the Control Panel, Task Manager, and Runs dialog
• After that, you will need to select “Task Manager” from the Windows Tools menu to start the Task Manager. By default, the Task Manager then opens in Compact mode
• Then, click on “More Details” appears in the Task Manager to expand it and after that, click on the “Startup” tab. All programs which are configured for running while you turn on your PC are listed in this tab
• Now, you will need to choose the AVG program and after that, click on the “Disable” button to eliminate it from the startup. Otherwise, you also can disable the program just by right-clicking it and selecting “Disable” from the context menu
• To finish the disabling process, just close the Task Manager
Follow the above-given steps to disable AVG antivirus and if you are facing any issue then, it is advisable to get connected with the experts at AVG Support UK. The teams are available all the time to help you in any manner they can. They also let you know about the possible causes of this issue and the solution or maybe they fix it on their own by getting access to your device.