What to know about scanning PC for viruses using AVG antivirus?
AVG is the best and the most advanced option that is available for the safety and security of devices as well as the computers, as the technologies and features are becoming more and more advanced in the world of information technology and the world of cybersecurity it has really become essential for the users to have a security providing software program like AVG installed on the system, also it more advisable to the user to not have anything else except AVG to be installed on the system or the device anything. It is so as there is no other antivirus software program set up that may be as advanced and updated as AVG.
But this advancement in the technologies and the features further sometimes also lead people into more technical complications while using the software program, and for dealing with those complications the user may need to have proper technical knowledge and skills, here in the blog for now we will focus on all the information related to the process of scanning PC for viruses using AVG antivirus, here in the guide we will see all the details related to the procedure in an easy way for the users to understand easily.
Running a scan on AVG;
In order to run a scan on AVG the user should follow the given steps:
• The user should click on the three-dot icon given next to the option “run smart scan”
• Then from the list, the user should choose a specialized scan
• Creating a customized scan on AVG:
• In order to get a customized scan created on AVG the user should follow the steps given below:
• The user should open the interface of the software program
• After that, the user should click on the three-dot icon given right next to run a smart scan option
• After that, the user should choose “scheduled scans”
• Then the user should click on “create a new scan”
• For easy identification of the scan process, the user should enter the scan name
• From the menu that drops down, the user can choose the scan type
• Next, under frequency, the user should choose the time gap to be taken between the scans
• If the user wishes to keep the scanning manual then the user should choose the option “never”
• If the scan has been configured to run automatically then the time should be specified
• If the user feels the need then the user should get the advanced settings configured for scan
• The user should at the last click on “save”
Adjusting Scan settings:
In order to get the scan settings adjusted the user should follow the steps given below:
• The user should open the AVG user interface further the user should go to “menu” and should go to “settings”
• After that, the user should choose basic protection, then from the left panel the user should click “scans”
• Then the user should choose a tab for the chosen scan
• Further, the user should adjust the scan settings
Viewing scans history:
In order to get the view scan history in AVG antivirus the user should follow the steps given below:
• The user should open the AVG user interface further the user should click on the three-dot icon
• After that, the user should click on “scan history”
• From there the user can check all the information related to the scan
• Further, in order to add more information regarding scanning procedures for the AVG users here, we will see the different types, of scans that are available to be used for the removal and for the detection of viruses in the PC.
The types of scans available for AVG users are as follows:
Smart scan: The smart scan checks the system for bad browser add-ons, viruses, and malware.
Deep Scan: This is a type of in-depth scan of the system, this checks the storage and the memory of the system for the presence of malware and if malware is detected then the user should work on the removal of it with AVG.
File or Folder Scan: In this type of scan AVG works on the selected folders and files, those files and folders are selected by the users for the scanning procedures.
Boot time scan: This scan of the AVG antivirus works on the system during its next start-up
USB/DVD scan: Through this, the user should get the removable devices scanned, that is, all the removable media that is used on the system.
Performance scan: This scan works on the removal and detection of the data that is not of any use, in order to get any issues resolved related to this scan the user should get the AVG tune-up installed.
So, this is everything that one should know regarding the process of scanning, after knowing all this information that has been discussed here in the guide the further conduct of the scan would be easier for the users to be done through the AVG antivirus. The guide is going to be very helpful for scanning-related purposes in case of using AVG antivirus software programs. There can be nothing as effective as AVG scanning for the efficient removal and detection of the viruses, and also for the proper performance of the system it is necessary for the user to have all the viruses removed from the system, the user should actually try to keep viruses away from the system.