Why AVG antivirus is not working with Outlook?
AVG has now become worldwide famous because of its excellent protection that it provides from most known malware and viruses. One way it helps to defend a system is by scanning all attachments and emails in Outlook before making you capable to view or open them. While it adds an additional security layer for comprehensive protection, it sometimes gets you stuck with the slow performance of PC or ones with multiple active applications. To enhance the performance of Outlook, you can easily disable the AVG plugin for AVG Antivirus Outlook therefore it doesn’t cause any delays while downloading emails.
Disable the Plugin during AVG Installation
• Click on “Start” and then, “Open” and after that browse to the AVG setup file to download it from the internet. Double-click on the file to launch the AVG setup wizard
• Accept the License Agreement and then, click on “Next” and when asked to choose an installation type then, click on the “Custom Install” option and then, click on “Next”
• Now, navigate the “Microsoft Outlook Add-in” option in the Component Selection area and click on the check-box next to the “Microsoft Outlook Add-in” option to remove the checkmark from it and click on the “Next” button
Follow the remaining asks to finish the AVG installation and then, restart the PC when asked. AVG starts asked. AVG starts protecting your PC from viruses, without scanning all incoming Outlook email and attachments automatically
Disable the Plugin in Outlook
• Launch Outlook and login to your email profile if asked
• Click on “File” on the Outlook ribbon bar and after that, click on “Options” to open a new window and then, click on the “Add-ins” link that appeared in the list on the left side of this window. The View and Manage Microsoft Office Add-ins pane appears on the right side of the window
• Click on the drop-down list next to the “Manage” label and choose “COM Add-ins” and click on the “Go” button
• Click on the check box appears next to the “AVG Outlook Add-in” option to remove the check-mark and then, click on “Ok”
• Click on the “File” appears on the Outlook ribbon bar and after that, click on “Exit” and then, restart Outlook and then, click on “Send and Receive” on the ribbon and Outlook will now download emails from your email server without scanning them with the AVG plugin
AVG antivirus comes with email protection and in some special cases; you must manually specify the outgoing and incoming mail servers in AVG Email Protection. A typical example is when you use secure communication. Let’s move ahead with the step to setup AVG Email Protection to scan encrypted emails just by manually requiring an incoming or outgoing mail server.
To configure AVG Email Protection, follow these steps:
• First of all, open the AVG program, and click on Options
• Click on Advanced Settings appears in the Options menu
• In the left pane, expand Email Protection > Email Scanner > Servers
• Now, choose POP3 or IMAP (depends on your email settings), and click on Add new server
• After that, enter the name of the new server, and click on Ok
• In the left pane, expand Email Protection > Email Scanner > Servers, and click on SMPT and click on Add new server
• Enter the name of the new server, and click on Ok
Edit the settings as follows:
• Login Type: Choose fixed host, and then, enter the details of your SMTP server and for instance, smtp.mymail.com
• Local port: 5400
• Connection: Choose Secure to the dedicated port based on your network configuration
• Choose the Activate this server and use it from the sending and receiving emails option and click on Ok
• The AVG Email protection is now successfully set up to communicate with your email server by using SSL encryption
Follow the above-given steps to fix this issue and call on AVG Helpline Service Number UK to get connected with the experts for instant and reliable assistance. The teams are available all the time to help you in any manner they can. They have knowledge of AVG email shield so they will help you out.